Sampled Discoveries: Give Up The Goods By Mobb Deep

2:53 PM

                   


          "Queens get the Money long time no cash / I'm caught up in the hustle when the guns go blast .." 

  On June, 20th 2017, We lost another hip hop legend. Prodigy, from the rap duo "Mobb Deep", had passed away due to complications from his long battle of sickle cell anemia. As heard the news at work, I immediately thought of  "Give up the goods". This is by far my favorite song from the group and I suggested to create a post on where the group sampled this dope ass track. I would put this song on to motivate me on my daily hustles whether it was covering gigs, traveling on the MTA in NYC,  or going to class. This track is definitely a hustle track for sure, and a ode to the streets of Queens which is where Im originally from. Now when I hear this track, it makes me think more of Prodigy's passing and what he left us behind.  Thank you for leaving us with dope words of wisdom, how to stay on the right path and living by the hustle. Much respect to the rap mogul himself and may his legacy live on through his music.

  R.I.P  Prodigy!










You Might Also Like

0 comments